The Visitor Center Experience
He has taken me to his cellar, and his banner over me is love (The Song of Songs 2, 4)
As varied as the wines produced in our winery, so is the variety of visiting options. Barkan Wine Cellars can tailor to each visitor his or her unique experience. For your choice, variety of tours appropriate for different levels and the diverse interests of each visitor. Coordinate in advance so you can visit and choose the most appropriate tour for you.
- Birthdays, family gatherings, friends' night out.
- Events at the Palm Plaza – up to 230 people.
- Unique events at the VIP room.
- Events at the center – up to 120 people, seated.
- Unique activities to enrich the event (chocolate workshops, matching wine with food and more).
- Unique atmosphere.
He has taken me to his cellar, and his banner over me is love. (The Song of Songs 2, 4)
Between the Hulda Forest and Kibbutz Hulda, at the heart of 500 acres of vineyards, resides Barkan Wine Cellars' large and impressive visitor center.
Visitors can expect a unique experience around the theme of "from land to bottle", a sensual experience in which they stimulate all their senses in an introduction to the world of wine.
As you enter the visitor center (a large and impressive building of nearly 20,000 square feet), your noses fill with the smell of wine. Later, you will be surrounded within the largest barrel hall in Israel, with over 5,000 barrels. From there you'll enter a sophisticated auditorium and watch a 180 degrees movie presenting the grapes' growing methods and the wine's manufacturing. We'll then tour the barrel hall and leave the center in order to watch the bins farm and the largest and most modern bottling hall in Israel.
The variety of visits in the visitor center is vast and varied. Including the following:
Wine production in Israel – guided tour and wine tasting
Tour length: 75 minutes.
- Visiting and witnessing the innovative wine production methods and the largest vineyard in Israel.
- Watching a movie illustrating the major place of the Israel terroir – the wine grapes' habitat.
- Visiting the largest barrel hall in Israel, in which the winery embellishes all types of red wine.
- Wine tasting for enriching and complementing the visiting experience.
Israeli terroir workshop
Tour length: 150 minutes.
The terroir workshop is designed for visitors who wish to expand and deepen their knowledge regarding the importance of the wine grapes' habitat – the vineyards, and their influence on the character of the Israeli wines.
The workshop opens with a tour of the Hulda vineyard – the largest singular vineyard in Israel, in which heart resides the visitor center. The tour includes explanation about the land's and the climate's influence on the variety of grapes and the quality of wine.
From the vineyard you will return to the center, tour the modern manufacturing facilities and conduct a comparative tasting from the various wines which originate in vineyards from different locations around the country - from the Lebanon border and the Golan Heights, all the way to Mitspe Ramon.
- The workshop's cost is determined according to the types of wines tasted and the number of participating visitors.
Tour length: 180 minutes.
Barkan Wine Cellars' winemaking artists invite you to enter a world filled with the culture, tastes, smells and pleasure of that wonderful drink – wine.
You'll be participating in a unique nightly experience designed around the tasting of the best of Barkan's wines, all in our fancy VIP room.
We'll clarify the meaning of terms like tannins and astringency, and learn how to properly store wine.
The event includes your choice of refreshments from the center's menu.
- The event's cost is determined according to the types of wines tasted and the refreshments menu.
- This activity can also take place during the day (not only at night time).
And I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites pots full of wine, and cups, and I said unto them, Drink ye wine (Jeremiah 35, 5)
Barkan's visitor center enables our visitors to integrate into their visit workshops, seminars, conventions, organizational internal or external events, board meetings, integrated team building activities, marketing and sales events, exposure meetings etc
Thus the visitor center includes the following:
- Sophisticated and computerized auditorium, seating 50 people (including projector, sound system, computer interface).
- VIP room for 30 people (including a round table).
- Catering services on demand, with different kosher certifications.
- Fancy hosting lobby.
- Room for up to 120 people, seated.
- Fancy plaza to host up to 280 people.
- Unique activities for groups and managers (team building, leadership workshops etc.)
- Regional activities – Israeli history, treasure hunts, bicycle trips, jeeps.
- Workshops – professional wines, wine & chocolate, cooking & wine and more.
- Israeli agriculture in Barkan's vineyards.
- Free parking.