The Visitor Center Experience
As varied as the wines produced in our winery, so is the variety of visiting options. Barkan Wine Cellars can tailor to each visitor his or her unique experience. For your choice, variety of tours appropriate for different levels and the diverse interests of each visitor. Coordinate in advance so you can visit and choose the most appropriate tour for you.
- Birthdays, family gatherings, friends' night out.
- Events at the Palm Plaza – up to 230 people.
- Unique events at the VIP room.
- Events at the center – up to 120 people, seated.
- Unique activities to enrich the event (chocolate workshops, matching wine with food and more).
- Unique atmosphere.
He has taken me to his cellar, and his banner over me is love. (The Song of Songs 2, 4)
Between the Hulda Forest and Kibbutz Hulda, at the heart of 500 acres of vineyards, resides Barkan Wine Cellars' large and impressive visitor center.
Visitors can expect a unique experience around the theme of "from land to bottle", a sensual experience in which they stimulate all their senses in an introduction to the world of wine.
As you enter the visitor center (a large and impressive building of nearly 20,000 square feet), your noses fill with the smell of wine. Later, you will be surrounded within the largest barrel hall in Israel, with over 5,000 barrels. From there you'll enter a sophisticated auditorium and watch a 180 degrees movie presenting the grapes' growing methods and the wine's manufacturing. We'll then tour the barrel hall and leave the center in order to watch the bins farm and the largest and most modern bottling hall in Israel.
The variety of visits in the visitor center is vast and varied. Including the following:
Wine Production in Israel: A Guided Tour and Wine Tasting:
Duration of Tour: 75 minutes
- Movie on 180* screen in our large auditorium
- Entry to the largest cellar/barrel hall in Israel with over 6000 French Oak Barrels
- Lookout of the whole winery on outside bridge:
Viewpoint of the largest vineyard of Israel
Viewpoint of our stainless steel tanks farm (over 200 tanks)
Viewpoint of the largest column still distillation tower in Israel
- Entry to the Bottling and Packaging Plant at the winery
- Guided Wine Tasting on “How to taste Wine” including 4 different Barkan Premium Wines Or Prestige Wines
Additional Options to accompany the tour:
- Boutique Cheese and Crackers
- Bread basket and tapenades
Tours and additional options require booking in advance
Wine Production in Israel Tour+ tasting of 4 different Barkan Premium Wines
From 3 up to 10 Visitors: 70 NIS per visitor
From 10 visitors and upwards: 40 NIS per visitor
Wine Production in Israel Tour + tasting of 4 different Barkan Prestige Wines:
From 3 up to 10 visitors: NIS 100 per visitor
From 10 visitors and upward: NIS 75 per visitor
VIP Couples Tour:
Unique and private VIP tour for couples: Celebrate your birthday / wedding anniversary with a private tour of the winery with a wine tasting, a cheese platter & crackers
NIS 250 per couple (premium)
Wine tasting in our Wine shop/Tasting Room:
Duration: 30 minutes
Drop by for a wine tasting (no need for pre-booking)
Our professionally trained Tasting Room staff offer a variety of different wine tasting options:
"Wine flights": starting from NIS 50 per visitor.
And I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites pots full of wine, and cups, and I said unto them, Drink ye wine (Jeremiah 35, 5)
Barkan's visitor center enables our visitors to integrate into their visit workshops, seminars, conventions, organizational internal or external events, board meetings, integrated team building activities, marketing and sales events, exposure meetings etc
Thus the visitor center includes the following:
- Sophisticated and computerized auditorium, seating 50 people (including projector, sound system, computer interface).
- VIP room for 30 people (including a round table).
- Catering services on demand, with different kosher certifications.
- Fancy hosting lobby.
- Room for up to 120 people, seated.
- Fancy plaza to host up to 280 people.
- Unique activities for groups and managers (team building, leadership workshops etc.)
- Regional activities – Israeli history, treasure hunts, bicycle trips, jeeps.
- Workshops – professional wines, wine & chocolate, cooking & wine and more.
- Israeli agriculture in Barkan's vineyards.
- Free parking.